Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig provides legal representation and strategic guidance to companies, business executives and individuals confronted with criminal, civil or administrative investigations and enforcement actions. The lawyers at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig do everything possible to preserve, protect and defend its clients’ business interests and individual rights, reputations and livelihoods. In providing counsel concerning investigative interviews, subpoenas, search warrants, civil investigative demands and related allegations of impropriety, your issuance is our priority. Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig attorneys have experience with both Federal and State proceedings and have extensive representation and trial experience in white collar defense and government investigations involving:
- Antitrust Violations
- Bank Fraud
- Business Competition Issues
- Civil Fraud, Qui Tam and Whistleblower Actions
- Communications Enforcement & Compliance
- Congressional Investigations and Oversight
- Contract Issues
- Criminal Investigations and Prosecutions
- False Claims Act/Fraud Actions
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Violations
- Government Contracts/Procurement Fraud
- Health Care Fraud
- Immigration Fraud
- Internal Investigations and Compliance Programs
- International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) Violations
- Money Laundering/Financial Structuring Investigations
- Mortgage Fraud
- National Security/Security Clearance Investigations
- Securities Enforcement and Litigation
- United States Senate Subcommittee Investigations
In addition, Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig attorneys have extensive experience in conducting and coordinating internal investigations that companies must perform to ensure business viability. As well, we assist in lessening the likelihood of criminal prosecution, civil enforcement actions or administrative licensing/debarment proceedings. As part of this process, Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig is equipped to aid in the implementation and updating of compliance programs essential to demonstrating that the questioned conduct is corrected and properly monitored going forward.
Financial and white collar criminal cases typically involve severe penalties that could affect your financial security, your rights, your reputation, and, most importantly, your freedom. Our white-collar defense lawyers provide aggressive defense in regulatory and white collar criminal cases. To assure the best possible outcome, businesses, executives, and other individuals who receive requests for information, or other notices, from federal or state investigative, should retain immediate assistance from an attorney who has experience in handling government investigations and prosecutions- such as Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig.
Our firm has a well-established record of successfully defending white collar criminal cases and government investigations. While every criminal defense case is unique, our attorneys have the skills that can make all the difference whether its defending white-collar crime charges, government investigations, fraud charges or handling corporate internal investigations.
At the outset, our lawyers focus primarily on obtaining a dismissal of criminal charges and claims in the early stages of a criminal case or investigation. Often, this effort is accompanied by a corporate internal investigation of the facts and circumstances relating to the issue. In the event a successful early resolution is not possible, our defense lawyers have vast trial experience having served as counsel in many trials as both government prosecutors and defense attorneys. Our attorneys have the distinct advantage of having served in the same role in the past as the prosecutors our attorneys face. This provides a unique perspective and insight which gives our attorneys a decided advantage.
Our representation includes managing matters from the investigation stage through the grand jury process, trial, and if necessary, appeal and collateral proceedings. We provide comprehensive services to individuals and organizations that receive administrative or other subpoenas or any other requests for information from federal or state investigative agencies by;
- Conducting internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients and assist in the preparation of investigative reports;
- Establishing compliance programs to help avoid government actions;
- Formulating strategies and respond to informal requests for information, document subpoenas, and search warrants; and
- Representing clients who are targets, subjects, or witnesses in governmental actions and proceedings to ensure that their legal rights are not compromised.