Dragon Wang is a partner of Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig Asia PLLC. Dragon is also a founding partner at IntellStrategy IP Ltd. in Beijing, China.
Dragon is a patent attorney qualified by CNIPA, and a patent litigator qualified by Supreme People’s Court of China. He has been taking care of patent matters in various industries and technical areas like automotive, semi-space, wireless technologies, and IoT, etc. He has been handling a full spectrum of patent-related work, including prosecution, re-examination, invalidation actions, and civil litigations, now with a focus on patent monetization.
Dragon has accumulated over 18-years experience as both an in-house patent counsel at Foxconn group where he was responsible for creation and enforcement of global patent portfolios, and more recently as a private patent practitioner at a leading PRC IP law firm, where he served as vice president for the last six years. He has been providing counseling and strategic planning in creation, enforcement, and commercialization of Chinese patent portfolios for numerous Fortune 500 corporations. Dragon has been recently focusing on patent monetization, covering patent transaction, licensing, and litigation.
Dragon has authored many articles related to protection and enforcement of Chinese patent rights. He is also very active in IP conferences, seminars, and academic events, where he frequently acts as a moderator and speaker.
- Mandarin Chinese (native)
- English (fluent)
- International Trademarks
- Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights
- Copyright Infringement Lawyers
- Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- LL.M. with honors, the John Marshall Law School, Chicago
- B.E., Mechanical and Electronic Engineering, Xi’an University of Technology, Xi’an
- China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA)
- Patent Re-examination Board under CNIPA
- IP Specialist Courts/ People’s Courts