Eric Yoon is a Partner at Dunlap Bennet & Ludwig. He’s been working in the IP field for over 26 years and has experience as a Patent Attorney, Senior Patent Engineer, and general manager of IP Department.
Before moving to the US, Eric had worked in Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd as a Senior Patent Engineer for 13 years. He was actively involved in various patent matters, such as Patent Licensing Negotiations with various Japanese and US companies.
After leaving Samsung, he joined Seoul Semiconductor, the first ranked LED Manufacturer in Korea, which was involved in the landmark litigation cases with Nichia in various venues, including ITC. As a director, Eric was in charge of the Patent & Legal group and made a very favorable settlement to Seoul Semiconductor based on victories in various countries, including the US, Germany, Japan, and Korea. After finishing the litigation, Eric continued developing his career as an IP Expert and Head of IP Strategy department in Naver, the first-ranked internet company in Korea, so-called “Korean Google.”
Eric got a B.S. degree in Physics, M.S. degree in Intellectual Property, and L.L.M. degree at George Washington University.
- George Washington University, L.L.M. at General law
- Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea, Course completion of Degree of PH. D at Law
- Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, Master of Law (L.L.M)
- Franklin Pierce Law Center, Concord, NH, USA, (Now, New Hampshire School of Law), Master of Intellectual Property (MIP)
- Sogang University, Seoul, Korea, Bachelor of Science, Physics
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office