- Kevin Streit has practiced in the litigation arena for the last sixteen years, and for most of that time he has focused on representing insurance companies in disputes over first-party and third-party insurance coverage. Kevin has handled matters not only throughout Virginia, but also in Maryland, the District of Columbia, Tennessee, Indiana, and Texas. He is admitted to practice in all federal and state courts in Virginia, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Ninth Circuits, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
- In addition to representing insurance companies in coverage disputes, Kevin has defended clients in professional malpractice actions, consumer protection actions, and personal injury actions.
- A Virginia native, Kevin returned to the Commonwealth to pursue a career in law after studying medieval history at the graduate level in Canada and in Seattle, Washington. As well as maintaining his passionate love of history, Kevin is also an avid hunter and outdoorsman – hobbies which he tries to pursue when he is not busy representing his clients, volunteering in various ministries at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Parish in Richmond, or spending time with his wife, son, and their dog, Pacquiao. For the record, Kevin does not have a cat named Mayweather.
- William & Mary School of Law, College of William & Mary, Juris Doctor, 1999
- College of William & Mary, Bachelor of Arts in History, 1989; minor in Anthropology
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Virginia
- U.S. District Court, W.D. Virginia
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, S.D. Indiana
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- AV Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbel
- Master of the Bench, Lewis F. Powell, Jr., American Inn of Court – Richmond, VA (charter member, 2003 – present)
- Richmond Claims Association, Treasurer 2019
- Champion, Bushrod Washington Moot Court Tournament, 1997
- National Moot Court Competition, 1999|Student Note Editor, William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal, 1998-1999, Associate Editor, 1996-1998
- Goodwin Memorial Scholarship Recipient, 1996-1998
- Power Prize Recipient for best graduate historical articles in 1991 and 1992, consecutively, in the Department of History at the University of Washington
- Phi Alpha Theta (history honor society), 1988-1989
“Holding the Bag: An Insurer’s Rights against an Independent Agent under Virginia Law.” Winter 2017 volume of the Claimsman.
“What a Steal: Virginia Insurance-Contract Law and Uninsured Theft Losses,” THE CLAIMSMAN (Winter 2012)
“Caveat Vendor: Automobile Dealerships and the Defense of Federal Consumer Protection Litigation under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act,” 14 J. CIV. LITIG. 123 (2002)