My name is Matthew McCollough. I recently moved to Virginia with my wife, Rory, from Houston, Texas. I graduated from Houston Baptist University with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a Master’s degree in Sports Management. During my years at Houston Baptist I played baseball for the university as a left handed starting pitcher. Before moving to Virginia, I was employed at Whitley Penn, LLP as an Analyst in their Forensic Litigation Valuation Services department. In my spare time, my wife and I like to grab a cup of coffee and take our beautiful bernese mountain dog to a dog park. If I am not doing that you can typically find me on the golf course or coaching a travel tournament baseball team on the weekends.
Matthews tasks at DBL include:
- Coding items such as invoices, expense reports, check requests with the correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system;
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing invoices;
- Assist with monthly status reports and monthly closing costs;
- Reconcile various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards;
- Review instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting; and
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status.