Michael La Porte is a Partner at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. La Porte was a Partner with Flachsbart & Greenspoon, LLC, was part of the Intellectual Property group at Foley & Lardner, and both the Intellectual Property and Litigation groups at Wildman Harrold Allen & Dixon and Robinson Curley and Clayton. He also served as law clerk to the Honorable David H. Coar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. La Porte strongly believes in providing common-sense and affordable representation to clients. Mr. La Porte creates effective strategies for achieving client goals and implements them with attention to detail, efficiency, and dedication. As a former colleague and current in-house counsel put it, Mr. La Porte “is someone who can get the job done. He’s smart, talented, and committed.”
Mr. La Porte is a member of the Glencoe Caucus, currently serving as Treasurer of the Advisory Committee. He was a member of the Caucus’s Village Nominating Committee from 2016 to 2019 and served as Co-Chair of that committee from 2018-2019. He is currently a member of the Village of Glencoe’s Golf Advisory Committee. He is also part of the Leadership Team and Election Protection Team for the Illinois Tenth Congressional District Democrats.
- J.D., Illinois Institute of Technology – Chicago-Kent College of Law
- B.A., Economics with a concentration in Women’s Studies, Williams College
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan