Nick specializes in intellectual property, brand and reputation protection, entertainment, and complex business litigation matters. He has handled matters for clients throughout the country and was selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in the 2009 and 2015 editions of Southern California Super Lawyers and 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers.
Nick earned a B.A. in Communications, Legal Institutions, Economics, and Government from American University in Washington, DC where he was a Presidential Scholarship recipient, a member of the School of Public Affairs Leadership Program, and a Colonial Athletic Association Scholar Athlete with the nationally ranked Division I varsity soccer team. Nick earned his J.D. from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, where he served as the Chief Research Editor on the Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review and garnered a First Honors Award in his Title IX Seminar course.
Some of his previous significant experience includes:
- Prevailed in Cook County Circuit Court defamation and false light case resulting in six-figure jury verdict (Ladao v. Faits, No. 2016 L 004625)
- Assisted trial team in obtaining a $140 million jury verdict for Hulk Hogan (Bollea v. Clem, et al., Pinellas County Circuit Court Case No. 12012447-CI-011)
- Second-chaired multi-day federal jury trial resulting in a favorable defense verdict for a legendary television writer (Goodness Films LLC, et al. v. TV One LLC, et al., C.D. Cal. Case No.: 2:12-cv-08688-GW)
- Awarded Rule 11 sanctions in securing dismissal of corporate defendant related to promotional campaign of former Beach Boys artist Brian Wilson in British newspaper (Mike Love v. The Mail on Sunday, et al., C.D. Cal. Case No. CV05-7798 ABC (PJWx))
- Loyola Law School – Los Angeles, CA
- American University – Washington, DC
- States: California; District of Columbia; Virginia; Illinois
- Federal: C.D. Cal.; N.D. Cal.; Ninth Circuit; D. D.C.; E.D. Va.; W.D. Va.; N.D. Ill.
- American Bar Association – Copyright Litigation: Finding Anonymous Copyright Infringers (March 2012)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association – Film and TV Producers: How to Squeeze the Lemon; Additional income to be collected by producers and copyright owners (June 2009)
- Los Angeles Copyright Society – The Music Download Class Action Suits (December 2006)
- Electronic Evidence in Torrent Copyright Cases, Digital Evidence and
- Electronic Signature Review, Pario Communications, Bedfordshire, UK (2011) (pp.171-178) (co-author with Thomas M. Dunlap)