Noah Fontanez is an accomplished attorney practicing in Tulsa and throughout Oklahoma. He also often represents clients across the United States. Noah’s diverse legal background includes aviation, business law, litigation, estate planning and probate, contracts, real estate, and landlord- tenant law.
- AVIATION ATTORNEY – Noah has adept knowledge of Federal Aviation Enforcement regulations and has tried countless cases involving aviation title issues. Noah serves as a panel attorney for the aviation owners pilots association (AOPA) where he is responsible for FAA enforcement actions and litigation. Prior to becoming an attorney, Noah served for over five years as a United States Marine Corps Air Defense Control Officer. As an Air Defense Control Officer, Noah provided close ground based radar control of Navy and Marine Corps aircraft; included fighters and transportation aircraft. As he progressed he continued to control aircraft and provide airspace management functions for the military. Noah’s aviation experiences have made him a knowledgeable aviation attorney.
- ARMY JUDGE ADVOCATE – After law school at the University of Tulsa College of Law, Noah transitioned from Air Defense to become a lawyer in the Army’s Judge Advocate General Corps (JAG). He continues to serve our country as a lawyer in the United States Army Reserves and has a combined military career of over twenty years. Noah recently returned from a year-long military deployment to Middle East where he served as Chief of Contract and Fiscal Law. He currently serves at the rank of lieutenant colonel.
- BUSINESS LAWYER – Noah’s extensive career includes serving as in-house counsel to one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration companies in the United States.
- LITIGATION – Experienced litigator. Noah has enjoyed over a 15 year career trying cases before United States Army Courts, US District Federal Courts and Oklahoma State Courts. Noah is licensed to practice within the United States District Court for the Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma and Oklahoma state courts.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY – Noah has prosecuted hundreds of trademark applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. As a highly experienced litigator, Noah has defended his clients’ rights before United States Federal District Courts.
Throughout his experiences in both the Army and as in-house counsel, Noah has handled a wide variety of complex legal matters. While serving in the Army, such matters included intelligence law, fiscal law, military air support missions, contracts, estate planning, military justice, administrative law, consumer law, labor, and federal ethics law. As an in-house oil and gas attorney, in addition to routine employment matters, Noah’s primary role involved negotiating, drafting, revising, and reviewing oil and gas leases, joint operating agreements, seismic agreements, farmout agreements, software licenses, and various other unique contracts related to oil and gas exploration and production.
- Trusts and Estates: Tax and Wealth Planning, Administration, and Probate
- Real Estate: Acquisition, Development, Lending, Leasing, Disposition and Litigation
- Small Business
- Juris Doctor, 2002 – University of Tulsa College of Law – while at Tulsa, Noah served as Student Bar President, received an academic scholarship and was awarded for exemplary service as a student.
- Bachelor of Science, 1996 – University of Tennessee at Chattanooga – Noah was a two sport athlete in college. He ran cross country at the University of Tennessee at Martin before finishing up his athletic career on UTC’s wrestling team. While at Chattanooga, Noah was on the Athletic Dean’s List.
- United States District Court – Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court – Western District of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association Panel Attorney
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- Law of Armed Conflict
- Federal Ethics Law
- Mueggenborg v. Place, 2016 OK CIV APP 8, 365 P.3d 521 (Okla. Civ App., 2015)
Noah is an active member of Life.Church in Stillwater, Oklahoma. He is married to Stephanie Fontanez and they have four children; Jacob, Hanna, Gabriel and Lauren. They are all avid sports fans. Jacob is a Division I college wrestler at Oklahoma State University studying Computer Science.