Raymond Jones is a partner in the firm’s litigation practice, focusing on patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, and other intellectual property litigation. Ray has more than twenty-five years of experience in all phases of IP litigation, ranging from pre-suit investigations through patent appeals to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, including numerous District Court trials as well as Federal Circuit oral arguments. In addition to his IP litigation practice, Ray has represented clients in patent prosecution and Inter Partes Review (IPR) procedures before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Ray has practiced in large law firm, small boutique law firm, and corporate settings. As such, Ray has a wide breadth of knowledge related to intellectual property and technology law, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), government contracts and bid protests, IP licensing, and company/IP valuations. In addition, Ray has advised clients on the development and management of international and domestic intellectual property portfolios involving patents, trademarks, and trade secrets to protect research and development investments and commercial products. He also advises his clients on freedom-to-operate matters, including providing validity and non-infringement opinions, and conducting competitor portfolio analyses.
A former U.S. Navy Commander and U.S. Naval Academy graduate, Ray has counseled numerous start-ups and established companies focused on the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC), on matters including due diligence for M&A transactions, IP protection strategies under FAR and DFAR government regulations, and technology or marketplace differentiation analyses.
- B.S. Aerospace Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy, With Merit
- J.D. George Mason University Law School, With Distinction
- U.S. Patent Office
- Represented Invicta Networks in a patent infringement case against Trend Micro, which led to a successful settlement involving a cybersecurity patent.
- Represented New York Athletic Club in a trademark infringement case against Kokomo USA, which led to a settlement and Consent Judgment.
- Representing Health Discovery Company (HDC) in a patent infringement case against Intel Corporation involving machine learning patents.
- Representing D3D Technologies, Inc. in a patent infringement case against Microsoft Corporation involving Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR) and imaging patents.
- Representing Daedalus Blue LLC in a patent infringement case against SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd., involving commercial drone patents.
- Representing Swedish Match in a trademark infringement case brought by GCC.
- Representing Throwdown Industries in a declaratory judgment patent case against Fitbench, LLC, involving an exercise bench patent.