John C. Whitbeck, Jr.
John C. Whitbeck, Jr.
2307 E Broad St. #301
Richmond, VA 23223
Email: [email protected]
John C. Whitbeck, Jr.’s practice focuses on family law, criminal law, mental health law, civil litigation and many other areas. He regularly practices in several jurisdictions in the Northern Virginia area, however his practice is primarily in Loudoun County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Clarke County, Frederick County and the City of Winchester.
Mr. Whitbeck is active in the Loudoun County Community, serving at various times on local governmental boards and charitable boards, including the Loudoun County Criminal Justice Board and the Loudoun Cares Board of Directors. He is also an annual participant in the Loudoun County Leadership in the Law Camp for local high school students.
Mr. Whitbeck is an adjunct professor of law at George Mason University Law School teaching Mental Illness law and is the director of the George Mason University Law and Mental Illness Clinic. Mr. Whitbeck also formerly served as a Special Justice (judge) for hearings to commit mentally ill individuals in Loudoun County, Virginia.
From 2005 – 2010 Mr. Whitbeck served as a Substitute Judge in Virginia’s General District Courts and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts. As a Substitute Judge Mr. Whitbeck decided civil and criminal cases, including child custody and child support matters, abuse and neglect cases, domestic violence cases, civil litigation, landlord/tenant cases, felony preliminary hearings, misdemeanor criminal cases, DUI/DWI cases and serious and minor traffic offenses.
Mr. Whitbeck is the former president of the Lansdowne on the Potomac Homeowner’s Association, and continues to serve the Association as its vice president.
Mr. Whitbeck attended law school at George Mason University where he was a member of the Moot Court Board, the Trial Advocacy Team, and the George Mason Law and Mental Illness Clinic. After graduating law school cum laude, Mr. Whitbeck worked briefly as an associate for a law firm in Leesburg, Virginia before forming his own law firm.
Mr. Whitbeck was born in Southern California but grew up primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area city of Pleasanton, California. Mr. Whitbeck graduated with an A.B. in Politics from Occidental College in Los Angeles, California. As a student at Occidental, Mr. Whitbeck was a starting tight end and offensive lineman on the NCAA affiliated football team, was a member of the Occidental Rugby Club, and served as the president of the Delta Phi Chapter of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity in his junior and senior years. Mr. Whitbeck further served as the chairman of the College Republican chapter.
Mr. Whitbeck lives in Lansdowne, Virginia with his family.
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Visitation Rights
- Spousal Support
- Relocation Cases
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Law
- Reckless Driving
- All Felonies
- All Misdemeanors
- Juvenile Crimes
- Mental Health Law
- Civil and Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Education Law
- Election Law
- Debt Collection
- Lemon Law
- All courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. District Court
- Eastern District of Virginia
- Majority Shareholder in Whitbeck Cisneros McElroy PC
- Virginia State Bar
- Former Substitute Judge for General District Courts and Juvenile and Domestic Relations Courts
- Former Special Justice for Commitment Proceedings
- Adjunct Professor at George Mason University
- Former Member Board of Directors of the Loudoun County Bar Association
- Former At-Large Representative Loudoun County Community Criminal Justice Board
- Former President of Loudoun County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- Loudoun Young Lawyers Association
- Director of the George Mason Law and Mental Illness Clinic
- Former Member George Mason American Inns of Court
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- Former President of the Lansdowne on the Potomac Homeowners Association
- Golden Retriever Rescue Education And Training (GRREAT)
- Loudoun County Republican Committee
- Men’s Golf Association
- Lansdowne Golf Club
– See more at: http://www.whitbecklegal.com/overview/attorneys/john-whitbeck/#sthash.tAvIlRp4.dpuf