William Calvin Smith
W. Calvin Smith
211 Church Street SE
Leesburg, VA 20175
Email: [email protected]
I primarily represent national, regional, and local secured lenders and other creditors in all types of bankruptcy proceedings, workouts, foreclosures, and other collection matters and have worked closely with the special assets officers of several banks.
I also represent parties in various types of litigation in federal and state courts, including consumer finance and commercial transactions, and I provide counsel to churches on a variety of matters.
Prior to entering private practice, I clerked for the Honorable Ross W. Krumm, then Chief Judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia, from 1999-2001.
- Business Bankruptcy
- Creditor's Rights
- Litigation and Disputes
- Loan Documentation
- Non-Compete Litigation
- Virginia Church/Religious Congregation Law
- US District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Geneva College, B.A. History, 1996; Summa Cum Laude, Research Honors
- J.D. Washington & Lee University School of Law; 1999
- National Trial Advocacy College (2008)
- Leadership Roanoke Valley (2009)
Faculty - Mid-Atlantic Institute on Bankruptcy and Reorganization Practice (2012, 2013)