From studios to individual performers and bands, whether you need representation in a complicated entertainment-related legal dispute or are seeking guidance for any stage of your entertainment career, entertainment lawyers at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig PLLC are armed with the knowledge and experience you deserve. Our attorneys know the entertainment industry from the inside out, and not just from an attorney’s standpoint.
Attorney Thomas Dunlap has actually jumped into the game. After years of attending the Cannes Film Festival as an attorney for his client production studios, and representing numerous studios, he took on the associate producer role for Uwe Boll’s 2012 film “The Bailout”, which aired as “Assault on Wall Street” and has since been involved in numerous films at various levels.
Attorney Thomas Dunlap has also made multiple appearances on Fox television and was named by the Hollywood Reporter as one of the “Power 100” entertainment lawyers in the U.S. In addition to appearing in 2016, 107 and 2018 on AMC Network’s Sundance TV annual panel at the Sundance Film Festival from “Idea to Deal”, Tom has been a guest-speaker on entertainment law at Delaware’s Widener University’s annual Entertainment Symposium and the annual Washington Area Music Association workshop and has taught numerous national continuing education classes for other lawyers on entertainment law. He enjoys frequent stints as a continuing legal education professor for lawyers across the nation, sharing his insights on entertainment matters involving copyright law, entertainment law and disputes.
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig: Deep Knowledge of the Entertainment Industry
Based on their vast experience and background in the industry, our national entertainment law attorneys are equipped to handle a wide range of entertainment matters. These include:
- Digital distribution, Internet distribution, social media and TV distribution
- Endorsement and licensing
- Literary option and purchase
- Management and merchandising
- Publishing and recording
- Touring and venue matters
- Post-entertainment and sports career advising
- Intellectual property protection services
Our services extend to film, game shows, live performance, modeling, photography, music, publishing, theater, artists, talent and studio representation.
Recent work has included:
- Film financing counsel and production counsel for independent film production across three US states and one international location.
- Life rights option purchase for film based in Greece on the life of a world famous artist.
- Sale of film rights of landmark science fiction novel from estate of deceased author.
- More than 100 copyright and apostille for film production and distributors, including correction of copyright office and filing errors.
- Negotiated international film distribution rights for well-known horror film.
- Sale of nationally famous brand rights to television network.
- Copyright, fair use and other intellectual property issues clearance for independent film and studios.
Production Studios, Directors, Actors, Musicians, Authors
Our national entertainment lawyers are flexible enough to work with individuals as well as groups and companies of all sizes. Our clients range from small indie music bands and individual authors to Academy Award-winning films. They consist of a host of producers, directors, actors and film studios across all 50 states. Some of them include:
- Uwe Boll: “Rampage”, “Darfur” and “Assault on Wall Street” (co-written and co-produced by Thomas Dunlap)
- Thunderball Films “Jack Ripper” (Television Series)
- DropElectric music band
- Maverick Entertainment: “13 Hours in a Warehouse”
- Millennium/Nu Image: “The Expendables” and “Conan”
- Voltage Studios: “Hurt Locker” and “Spread”
From negotiating complex entertainment deals to delivering sophisticated LLC and securities packages, we have a long history of effectively guiding clients in imperative legal decisions while protecting their interests from a business standpoint. Many of our cases have involved web entertainment issues, domain disputes, litigation and disputes concerning rights and contracts.
While we often handle in-depth and intense cases involving legal issues, we are equally adept at providing guidance and legal counsel to help ensure disputes and issues are less likely to arise. For more information or to schedule a consultation with an entertainment lawyer, please contact Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig PLLC.