Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig offers comprehensive support and resources to aid start-ups and their owners. We thrive on helping passionate entrepreneurs survive the rollercoaster ride from the garage to the global marketplace. Over the years, our Washington DC business formation lawyer team has been privileged to represent a broad spectrum of emerging companies throughout the entire life cycle of their ventures. From a concept in the mind of an entrepreneur to the sale of the business to a larger competitor, our team’s collective experience enables Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig to provide full-service legal support to emerging companies.
Our law firm prides itself on being firmly connected to the small business community. Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig’s corporate team is guided by the core belief that small business owners need access to World-class legal services, without breaking the bank. Years ago, our partners hypothesized that a team of straight-talking lawyers who are rewarded for providing exemplary customer service would rise to the top in an industry that is overcrowded by fast-talking professionals. This theory has been proven time and time again, as the corporate law group at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig has helped hundreds of satisfied clients successfully navigate the marketplace in an unpredictable economy.
Start-Ups Have Different Legal Needs
The traditional start-up business owner has many needs that are unique to the initial stages of the company’s lifecycle. The legal action items of start-ups often include:
- Formation of a corporation or LLC
- Structuring the ownership of the company
- Drafting and negotiation of an Operating Agreement (LLCs) or Shareholder Agreement (Corporations)
- Founder Agreements
- Investment Agreements & Private Placements
- Assignments of intellectual property (trademark, copyright, patent) to the business from the founders
- Licensing contracts
- Sweat Equity (Equity for Services) contracts
- Lease(s) review
- Employment Agreements
- Non-compete contracts
- Independent Contractor arrangements
- Review of franchise documents
- ROBS financing arrangements (use of 401k retirement savings)
The needs of start-ups and emerging companies can vary dramatically, from major to minor. Our firm handles the whole range of start-up representation with efficiency and competence.
The Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig Difference
Talk is cheap, but lawyers are not. What makes the law firm of Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig the right choice for your emerging company?
- We offer specialized, startup-focused services for emerging companies by approachable business lawyers.
- Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig is neither a mega-firm that always requires teams of expensive attorneys, nor a general law office that tries to squeeze low-level corporate work in between criminal, divorce and other matters having nothing to do with business.
- Our start-up lawyers excel at working with businesses to identify their strategic goals and objectives, which is often the most efficient way to ascertain their legal needs.
Over the years, our partners realized that client satisfaction requires focusing on key ingredients that are important to start-up business owners:
- Making and keeping more money;
- Identifying and managing risk;
- Saving time; and
- Having reliable access to affordable legal support from professionals who value their business.
With a focus on these critical core objectives, Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig’s serves as outside general counsel to many businesses across the Mid-Atlantic region, the entire United States and beyond.
Watch our short video explaining the process for Business Formation & Startups:
For more information on how Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig’s Washington DC business formation lawyer team can help your start-up business or emerging company, please call 800-747-9354 today, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.