Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig’s attorneys assist companies in navigating the myriad issues that arise in connection with online businesses. Our internet and electronic commerce attorneys have worked for and against Internet service providers (ISPs), internet security firms, cloud-based SaaS companies, application service providers, A/V web streaming companies, and hardware and software developers in both private industry and the government space. We have also assisted companies across technology sectors in navigating online intellectual property infringement, contract disputes, domain name acquisitions, disputes, social media issues, and legal compliance with various data privacy laws and related trade regulations.
Areas of Practice
- Domain name registration procedures and disputes
- Website and software development and hosting agreements
- e-business strategies
- Online contracting and digital signatures
- Click-through agreements
- Internet service and access agreements
- Privacy regulations
- Website terms and conditions
- Website content and clearance
- Social networking sites and social media sites
- Amazon, eBay, and other marketplace issues
- Prosecution and defense of numerous online intellectual property disputes involving allegations of copyright, trademark, trade secret, and/or patent infringement on various platforms, including websites, social media accounts, online marketplaces, and file-sharing platforms.
- Assist with negotiating and drafting website development, software development, online partnership, and related contracts for e-commerce and other clients with a web presence.
- We have drafted hundreds of website Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies for consumer-oriented and business-to-business websites to protect the legal rights of the site owners.
- We have represented domain name brokers and trademark holders in the process of domain name sales, auctions, escrow, and brokerage, as well as domain disputes including UDRP and other arbitral proceedings, as well as cybersquatting and infringement actions in federal court.
- Counseling and guidance related to domestic and international data privacy laws, including compliance issues arising under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), as well as disputes arising under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) and the Computer Fraud & Abuse Act (CFAA).
- Domain Name Transactions and Disputes
- eCommerce Contracts and Compliance
- Online Marketplace Disputes
- Social Media Disputes
For more information, please get in touch with David Ludwig, or any of the lawyers in our Domain Name Group, listed on this page, or email our general client services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.