Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig – Who We Are
We were founded in 2001 by two U.S. Army officers who left a more traditional firm to try and find a more effective way to personal satisfaction with the practice of law. We strongly believe that a balanced and job-satisfied attorney is the wisest counselor and the fiercest warrior. While we have many lawyers who are AV-rated, have been named as Super Lawyers (top 5% by peer ranking), or achieved a “Superb” rating from the lawyer review site AVVO, these things do not say anything about the effectiveness of a law firm or lawyer. That our attorneys all pull the same oar for clients across the firm creates not only a healthy workplace but an incredibly successful and powerful team. This ethos has attracted the best and brightest lawyers from across the nation.
- Management experience in a vast array of industries
- Lawyers who have extensive experience in trial law, litigation, and mediation
- Bankers who are skilled in helping clients retain profits and manage legal costs
- Former military officers who are highly focused and dedicated
- Scientists who have invented and patented world-changing technologies
With an unwavering commitment to excellence, we go above and beyond what you expect from a law firm. Lawyers everywhere can research and show up to court. That is not enough. At Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig, we take our profession seriously and invest through dedication to our clients. Our footprint and a business-focused firm of specialists leverage each other’s skills and can dig deep into the law and information regarding their practice area.
National Lawyers Give Back
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig lawyers are more than just lawyers; we’re real people who believe in giving back to the community and being active in professional organizations. DBL Cares is our workplace philanthropy program, motivating and enabling our employees to Do Better While Doing Good.
Upcoming 2019 Charity Events:
- March 23: The Color of Justice: Seeking Attorney and Judge Volunteers for Color of Justice Program, Sponsored by the Fairfax Bar Association.
- April 27: Fairfax CASA Run for the Children
- May 1-31: Food From The Bar – Capital Area Food Bank
- May 5: Sadie’s Race 5K & Kids Fun Run for Smile Train
- Mentoring – TBD
Previous Charity Events:
- Friends of Homeless Animals
- Sadie’s 5k and Fun Run to benefit Smile Train
- CASA Superhero 5k & Fun Run to benefit CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Wine Down Wednesday to benefit Food For the Bar
- Food from the Bar to benefit Capital Area Food Bank
- First Friday at Sidebar to benefit Legal Services of Northern Virginia
- K9 Crawl to increase awareness about domestic violence and animal cruelty
- Strike Out Cancer to benefit American Cancer Society
- Clays for Hope Bronze Sponsor – to benefit National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- Turkey Trot 5k and Fun to benefit Loudoun Valley Community Center Advisory Board
- Jim Schatz Memorial Trail 10k to benefit Boulder Crest Retreat
Our Lawyers Currently Serve Or Have Served As:
- Loudoun County Bar President
- ECHO Charity
- Community Free Clinic Board
- National Capital Area – United Way Board
- Co-Chair of the American Bar Association’s Copyright Litigation Committee
- Professors (University of Richmond Law, George Washington University Law, Washington & Lee Law)
- Volunteer mentor with the Loudoun ADC thru the OAR Community Services Program of Northern Virginia
- Commissioner for 7th and 8th Grade Boys and Girls Basketball for the Western Loudoun Basketball League
- Oklahoma State University Spears School of Business Alumni Society Board of Directors
- Night Light Tulsa and the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Pastoral Care Team at All Souls Unitarian Church, Tulsa, OK
To learn more Contact Us.