Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig – Who We Are
We were founded in 2001, by two U.S. Army officers who left a more traditional practice of law to try and find a more effective way to personal satisfaction with the practice of law. We believe very strongly, that a balanced and job-satisfied attorney is the wisest counselor and the fiercest warrior. While we have many lawyers who are AV rated, or have been named as Super Lawyers (top 5% by peer ranking) or achieved a “Superb” rating from the lawyer review site AVVO, these things do not say anything about the effectiveness of a law firm or lawyer. That our attorneys all pull the same oar for clients across the firm creates not only a healthy work-place, but an incredibly successful and powerful team. This ethos has attracted the best and brightest from AmLaw 100 law firms like Cooley, Goodwin Proctor, McGuireWoods, Crowell & Moring, and Andrews Kurth Keynon.
Over the past decade our firm has grown and matured through mergers and acquisitions of practices that have been around for decades such as Peterson Goodman & Hawkins, founded in 1987 and Carr Morris & Graeff, founded in 1982. We also have gathered attorneys who come from diverse careers including biotechnology, commercial banking, and former military officers. Today, with a solid bench of more than 60 attorneys in eleven offices and centuries of combined legal experience we not only the client’s choice for who to hire, we are the lawyer’s choice for where to work.
- Management experience in a vast array of industries.
- Lawyers who have extensive experience in trial law, litigation, and mediation.
- Bankers who are skilled in helping client retain profits and mange legal costs.
- Former military officers who are highly focused and aggressively dedicated.
- Scientists who have invented and patented world-changing technologies.
Our team is committed to excellence. We go above and beyond what you expect from a law firm. Lawyers everywhere can research and show up to court. That is not enough. At Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig, we take our profession seriously and invest through dedication to our clients. Our footprint and business focused firm of specialists leverage each other’s skills and can dig deep into the law and information regarding their practice area.
National Lawyers Give Back
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig lawyers are more than just lawyers; we’re real people who believe in being active in professional organizations and give back to the community. Some of our involvement has included:
- Selected 2017 Community Events:
- Our Lawyers serve and have served as:
- Loudoun County Bar President
- ECHO Charity
- Community Free Clinic Board
- National Capital Area – United Way Board
- Co-Chair of the American Bar Association’s Copyright Litigation Committee
- Professors (University of Richmond Law, George Washington University Law, Washington & Lee Law)