From drafting construction contracts, design/ build agreements, licensing, real estate development, workplace safety, procurement and insurance, Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig’s construction lawyers handle transactions, negotiations, and construction litigation across the United States and around the world. We have offices in a number of key cities with growing industry from Washington, D.C. to San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Atlanta, to Dallas, Tulsa and Beijing, our construction industry lawyers work hand in hand with our employment lawyers, corporate lawyers, intellectual property lawyers, and development lawyers. Our team includes former government procurement lawyers, attorneys for some of the leading lenders in the construction and development industry and an unparalleled corporate mergers and acquisitions team.
We handle construction litigation for developers, building owners, construction companies, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, and architects. The disputes our construction lawyers handle include payment disputes, mechanic’s liens, change orders, defects, performance bonds, and delay issues.
Construction Contract Negotiation
From procurement and assistance in responding to RFP issues and bid protects to negotiation and preparation of commercial construction contracts we have helped owners, contractors, subcontractors and architects with contractor agreements, engineering agreements, design/ build agreements, and a host of different construction loan issues.
A comprehensive list of areas we handle includes:
- Administrative enforcement actions
- Alternative dispute resolution (Mediation & Arbitration)
- Building permits
- Construction claims
- Construction disputes and trials
- Constructions liens
- Davis-Bacon Act, wage & hour law requirements
- Drafting construction contracts
- Employment issues (terminations, non-discrimination requirements)
- Environmental matters in construction law
- False Claims Act
- Industry-standard construction contracts
- Insolvency & Bankruptcy
- Insurances issues
- Labor issues
- Licensing construction professionals
- Negotiating construction contracts
- Negotiating litigation of a termination claim
- OSHA, and other federal agencies
- Prompt payments
- Public construction
- State building codes
- State & Federal contracting
- Surety Law
Our attorneys include SuperLawyers, Leaders in the Law, and the firm has repeatedly been voted the “Best of” in a number of categories, including most recently “Best Law Firm in Virginia 2018”.