Cherylyn LeBon’s practice areas cover business, government contracting, and nonprofits. Her clients benefit from Cherylyn’s 20+ years of experience in Washington, D.C. and abroad, including time as a high-ranking official at the Small Business Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and as an advisor to Members of Congress and Presidential candidates.
Cherylyn is a problem solver and helps her clients develop creative and workable solutions to a broad range of issues. She draws on her expertise to help small businesses, start-ups, and entrepreneurs with all aspects of business formation, managing risk, and due diligence. Additionally, she helps clients navigate the federal regulatory and legislative landscape.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Experience Highlights:
- Deputy in Field Operations (overseeing half of the agency including 50 District Offices, 8A, Disaster, Compliance)
- Deputy Chief of Staff for the agency
- Assistant Administrator for Intergovernmental Affairs – working with the White House, Governors of all states, and local and state officials coordinating disaster relief, economic development and financial assistance
- Experience guiding clients through the requirements of the Small Business Administration and Treasury’s new CARES Act
Cherylyn also served as Senior Counsel to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, where she was responsible for an issue portfolio of leading the Senate’s judicial nominations, Department of Justice oversight, post 9-11 legislative implementation, and civil and human rights.
Earlier in her career, Cherylyn spent several years working overseas as a finance and telecommunications advisor to the German Bundestag (Congress) and as an international transaction specialist with the Mannesmann Corporation in Dusseldorf, where she structured and negotiated financial transactions in Eastern Europe and Asia. She is fluent in German and Spanish.
Before joining DBL as a partner, Ms. LeBon was the President and CEO of KLAR Strategies, a woman-owned business providing strategic counsel and business strategy to small businesses, start-ups, executives, and corporations.
Cherylyn also serves on several non-profit boards and is a high-profile advocate for entrepreneurship, education, and wellness issues. Her perspective on public policy, business, and legal issues has been featured by national publications as well as opinion columns all across the country. She regularly appears on nationally broadcast television and radio stations. Cherylyn’s experience with nonprofits also includes serving as a Chief Legal Officer for an NGO.
- Government Contracting
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, J.D.
- Canisius College, BA, History
- District of Columbia
- Wisconsin (Inactive)