Rhonda A. Miller concentrates on sophisticated estate planning including special needs trusts, asset protection trusts, spousal lifetime access trusts, charitable remainder trust, qualified small business trusts and other trust used to minimize or eliminate capital gains and estate tax. In addition, she focuses on administering large and complex estates including litigation with respect to those estates and correcting documents to optimize tax efficiencies. Ms. Miller has been working in partnership with individuals, families, business owners, corporate executives, retired military officers, and more, to provide tailored legal solutions. Her extensive courtroom and drafting experience allows her to think “out of the box” to meet her clients’ needs. Ms. Miller’s legal portfolio includes many of her own original documents, hand-drafted to address such issues as asset protection, flexible tax planning to ensure documents are nimble in the face of ever-changing tax laws, capital gains avoidance, problems with survivor benefits (TSP and FEGLI), and other client-specific needs. She is often hired by personal injury attorneys to handle guardianships, conservatorships, and special needs trusts for their injured or disabled clients. Ms. Miller and her husband, a retired Marine Corps Officer, live in Northern Virginia with their two children and their beloved service dog Natalie. She enjoys traveling with her daughter throughout the country who competes as competitive gymnast. Rhonda is a proud member of The Alexandria Singers, a pre-eminent Washington, D.C. area pop music group. Her son is following in his mom’s footstep taking up the mantel of musical theater.
- American Bar Association
- Wealth Counsel
- AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Awarded Client Champion Silver 2018 by Martindale-Hubbell®
- “Superb” ranking on AVVO 2013, 2014, 2015
- Woman Leader in the Law as seen in Forbes 2013 Top Lawyers in California, Virginia and D.C.
- 2014 Best Attorneys in Virginia and DC 2015 Top Lawyer in Virginia and DC as seen in Wall Street Journal 2016
- Women in the Law 2017 Legal Leader: Trust & Estates 2017
- Legal Leader: DC Metro Area as seen in the National Law Journal
- Law School Attended: Loyola Law School
- Graduate of Pennsylvania State University
Capital Gymnastic Girls Booster Club, Board of Directors
- Estate Planning
- Trusts & Estates
- Other: Tax and Wealth Planning