Most Up To Date Resources
Resources are updated frequently with the most updated information and resources. A full list of DBL's COVID-19 external resources is available at the bottom of this page under the section "Additional Resources".
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) FAQ's [Revised 10.7.2020]
- CLIENT ALERT: Limited Victory for Corporations Seeking High Skilled Foreign Workers [10.2.2020]
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program Loan Report - [Approvals through 7.31.2020]
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program Loan Report Round 2 - Approvals through 7.24.2020 [7.25.2020]
- Lender Application Form for Federally Insured Depository Institutions, Federally Insured Credit Unions, and Farm Credit System Institutions [7.20.2020]
- Lender Application Form for Non-Bank and Non-Insured Depository Institution Lenders [7.20.2020]
- Small Business Support Programs During COVID-19 [Updated Frequently]
- All Updates on CARES Act/PPP & Assistance For Small Business
Business & Employment Law Updates
- VA COVID-19 Safety Standards [As Of 7.24.2020]
- Employment Law Update: Big Changes for Virginia Employers on July 01, 2020 [July 2020]
- 12 Tips for Preparing Your Business for Post-COVID-19 Recovery [5.19.2020]
Northern Virginia Small Businesses:
- Rebuild VA Expands [September 2020] Rebuild VA, the state’s $70 million economic recovery fund launched in August, is expanding its eligibility criteria to allow more small businesses to apply, according to an announcement by Gov. Ralph Northam. Businesses that received funding from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and supply chain partners of businesses whose normal operations were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic are now eligible to receive grants of up to $10,000.
- Fairfax RISE (Relief Initiative to Support Employers) grant program Receives Additional $12 Million Funding for Elibigle Previous Applicants [September 2020]
- $70M "Rebuild VA" Small Business Grant Program [Applications begin August 10th]
- Fairfax RISE COVID-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Relief Grant Fund [Applications Begin June 2020]
- Loudoun County COVID-19 Business Interruption Fund [Applications Begin April 29, 2020]
- Fairfax County Microloan Program [Applications Begin April 28, 2020]
DBL COVID-19 Resources & Informational Videos
What Important Reopening Steps Should Employers Take? Pt. 2 - Getting Back To Business Post COVID-19 [6.15.2020]
In part 2 of our mini-series “Getting Back To Business Post COVID-19”, partner Phil Schwartz discusses additional important business reopening steps and precautions for businesses.that has just been approved and signed into law.
What Important Reopening Steps Should Employers Take? - Getting Back To Business Post COVID-19 [6.11.2020]
Partner Phil Schwartz discusses important business reopening steps in the first of our mini-series “Getting Back To Business Post COVID-19”. that has just been approved and signed into law.
Things To Know About: CARES Act / PPP [4.3.2020][UPDATED 4.4.2020]
Please view the CARES Act/PPP section above for the most up to date information.
[Updated Information 4.4.2020] The PPP loans can be used for mortgage interest obligations, rent, and utility costs. However, only 25 percent of the forgivable amount of the loan can be spent on non-payroll costs. By maintaining this formula, the intent is to keep workers paid and employed.
[4.3.2020] Cherylyn Harley LeBon, partner at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig, answers questions from Tom Dunlap, partner at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig and host of Blackletter Podcast, about what business owners need to know about CARES Act.
What Businesses Need to Know: The Coronavirus Relief Law by the Numbers [3.28.2020]
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig addresses The Stimulus Package that has just been approved and signed into law.
COVID-19 Stimulus Package Highlights [3.25.2020]
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig addresses what you need to know about the COVID-19 stimulus package and answers what you need to know about the bill as it stands now including an interesting prohibitive provision.
Obtaining a SBA Disaster Loan [3.25.2020]
Cherylyn LeBon, partner at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig, explains how to obtain a disaster loan from the Small Business Association (SBA).
- A step by step guide to apply and get approved for an SBA COVID-19 Disaster Loan
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ's for Small Businesses
- SBA Disaster Loan Program and Coronavirus Guide
- The SBA has established a Bridge loan for those waiting for the SBA Disaster loan: Bridge Loan Pilot Program Guide
Webinar: What Businesses Can Do During the COVID-19 Crisis? [3.23.2020]
This is a recording from the webinar hosted by Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig on March 23, 2020.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act Becomes Law [3.22.2020] [Updated 3.25.2020]
[UPDATE | 3.25.2020] - The Department of Labor is now stating the FFCRA will become effective April 1, 2020 and not April 2, 2020 as had sources originally calculated.
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act has become law and is providing key benefits to employees: Emergency Family and Medical Leave, and Emergency Sick Leave. The Act also provides a refundable tax credit benefit to eligible employers.
How to Protect & Manage Your Business During the Coronavirus Pandemic [3.14.2020]
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig has released this video outlining steps you and your business should consider during this Coronavirus Pandemic.
Blackletter Podcast: COVID-19 Special Edition Episodes
E46: Season 5 Episode 1 – Protecting Your Assets During COVID-19 | 10.13.2020
E42: Season 4 Episode 7 – Immigration Issues During COVID-19 | 7.30.2020
E40: Season 4 Episode 5 – Employer’s Guide to Re-Open Business After COVID-19 Closure | 6.18.2020
E39: Season 4 Episode 4: Unpacking the New SBA PPP Loan Forgiveness Guidelines | 5.27.2020
E38: Season 4 Episode 3: Corporate Financial Solutions During COVID-19 | 5.20.2020
E36: Season 4 Episode 1: Ceres Nanosciences & Adapting to COVID-19 | 4.17.2020
E34: Season 3 Episode 14: America by the Numbers – A Summary of the COVID-19 Relief Legislation | 3.28.2020
E33: Season 3 Episode 13: Highlights of the COVID-19 Stimulus Package | 3.25.2020
E32: Season 3 Episode 12: Business Closures and Telework Orders from State Governments | 3.25.2020
E31: Season 3 Episode 11: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act Becomes Law | 3.22.2020
E30: Season 3 Episode 10: Managing Business & Employee Obligations During COVID19 | 3.14.2020
Trending Topics #DBLog Posts
Temporary Restraining Order Granted Against McDonald’s For Failing to Keep Employees Safe from COVID-19
Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) Granted Against McDonald’s For Failing to Keep Employees Safe from COVID-19 [July 28, 2020] A temporary restraining order (TRO) was granted against a McDonald’s franchise by …Read More
#DBLog Posts by Practice Area
VA Electronic Notary (E-Notary) Services Available
DBL is now offering VA Electronic Notary (E-Notary) services to provide clients with uninterrupted service during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our team is dedicated to being responsive to all of our clients legal and business needs as they arise. Call our team at 703-777-7319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.