When clients need help raising capital for their businesses, they value the breadth of support that the Washington DC capital funding lawyers at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig can provide. We have the expertise to guide businesses through the complex web of laws that govern private investments so that they can obtain the capital they need within the confines of the law. Whether the company is a start-up or a more mature business seeking investment capital to fuel expansion, our experienced corporate attorneys work closely with clients to explore viable private financing options and arrive at a deal structure that will best serve their needs, goals and objectives.
Our clients are pleasantly surprised to discover that we can offer the same World-class legal resources as the big-box “mega” firms, at a fraction of the cost. Why does Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig charge so much less than other firms for private investment legal support?
It’s simple—when it comes to helping clients raise money, we don’t pretend to reinvent the wheel and we don’t bill our clients as though we did. Our corporate and securities lawyers take the documentation from the most similar past deal we have done, and update, customize and tailor that content to suit the needs of our clients’ transactions. Unlike many other firms, we don’t bill thousands of dollars to reproduce what we already have at our disposal, and our efficiency translates into lower fees.
DunlapWeaver has helped businesses across virtually every industry obtain the funding needed to help launch them on a trajectory toward success. Examples of recent transactions we have helped clients close range across a wide variety of industries and deal structures.
Biotech Start-Up: (i) $3.2M raised in initial financing round, private placement offering of limit liability limited partnership interests; (ii) $1M raised in 2nd financing round sale of equity.
Television Producer: $1.8M raised to create pilot and initial episodes of television program to be offered for sale to networks.
- $1.4M raised to pursuant to private offering of LLC membership interests to establish brewery in the Northern Virginia region; Institutional debt instruments involved for equipment financing.
- $3M private placement offering to raise funds to establish the first distillery in Loudoun Co. VA since Prohibition.
- $2M of LLC interests sold to investors to enable founders to establish a brewery that is currently undertaking further expansion plans.
- $400K of membership interests sold to investors pursuant to an equity purchase agreement; Various other debt transactions involved.
International Hedge Fund: Established a hedge fund with unlimited capital raise potential to pursue alternative investment opportunities in the U.S. and overseas.
Global Real Estate Investment Fund: $5M private placement offering of limited partnership interests to invest in real estate development opportunities in Dubai.
Movie Production Company: $2.5M private placement offering of LLC interests to fund production of independent feature film.
We structure, negotiate and draft the documents needed to legally allow private investment in start-ups and established businesses, including assistance with:
- Term Sheets
- Convertible notes
- Venture capital funding
- Strategic partner investments
- Securities law compliance
- Regulation D (Rule 504, 505, 506)
- Private placement memoranda
- Blue sky compliance
- Stock purchase agreements
- Subscription agreements
- Preferred stock (Series A, B, etc.)
- Investor rights’ agreements
- Founders Agreements
- Due diligence implementation
- Bridge, seed, and angel funding
Most business owners come to us with at least a basic idea of the investment structure they hope to pursue, relying on us to vet their approach and help them fine-tune the details. Some clients send us a signed term sheet and simply request that we paper the deal. And some times, company founders are overwhelmed at the whole investment process and ask us to walk them through the whole process from start to finish, which we are happy to do.
In today’s marketplace, more and more entrepreneurs are trying to use private sources to fund their start-ups and emerging companies. When it comes to raising capital, there can be dire and unexpected consequences for cutting corners. Investing in the legal resources to structure an investment deal properly from the start can pay tremendous dividends down the road, when the stakes are high.
The Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig Difference
Talk is cheap, but lawyers are not. What makes the law firm of Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig’s the right choice for your start-up company?
- We offer specialized services for emerging companies raising capital by approachable business lawyers.
- Flexible payment solutions. We work with our clients as much as possible to make obtaining the legal assistance they need economically feasible.
For more information on Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig’s Washington DC capital funding lawyers and how they can help your business raise capital, please call 800-747-9354 today, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.