Hyung Gyu (Leo) Sun is an attorney in the Richmond office of Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig. Leo’s practice focuses on civil litigation and intellectual property.
Leo has represented clients in commercial disputes in state court proceedings and arbitrations. He has litigated copyright and trademark disputes in a federal district court in the United States, and in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also advises clients on all aspects of the branding process, including trademark prosecution, licensing, and enforcement
Prior to joining the firm, Leo worked for a start-up company and an intellectual property law firm in Korea. In addition to his law degree, he received a Master’s degree in intellectual property management from a Korean educational institution.
- JD, Syracuse University College of Law, 2017
- MSL, Northwestern University School of Law, 2014
- MA, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 2014
- BA, College of William and Mary, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court District of Columbia