Our immigration lawyers provide highly personalized and customer-focused legal representation to individuals and businesses.  Our lead immigration lawyer has decades of relevant experience, having served as the lead immigration counsel for global organizations and is counted among the best immigration lawyers in America for business.  We serve a diverse range of clients from multinational corporations to start-up companies worldwide and have experience across a wide range of industries from IT to manufacturing, retail to finance, entertainment to construction, universities to religious organizations.  We specialize in employment-based immigration and helping our clients file the following visas that are presently time-sensitive:

  • E Visas: Treaty/Trader visas (E-1 & E2)
  • H-1B Visa Immigration: Specialty Occupation Visas
  • L Visas: Intra-Company Transfer Visas
  • Employment-Based Green Cards


Lead Attorney

Gerald LeMelleglemelle@dbllawyers.com571-577-8355 (D)

Immigration Frequently Asked Questions

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visas are for international travelers coming to the United States temporarily. The non-immigrant alien may remain only until a predetermined date and may engage only in activities allowed for the assigned non-immigrant classification under INA 101(a)(15). Non-immigrant visa classification is defined by immigration law and relates to the principal purpose of travel. In order for an individual and or company to come to the United States lawfully as a non-immigrant to work temporarily in the United States, a prospective employer must file a non-immigrant visa petition with USCIS.

The non-immigrant visas are designed for international travelers or foreign nationals wishing to enter the Unites States temporarily. This visa allows the individual to travel to the United States’ port of entry and request permission from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) through the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to enter the United States. Foreign nationals or international travelers come to the United States for a variety of reasons, those include tourism, business, medical treatment, and temporary work.

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to live permanently in the United States and who have a relative who is a citizen of the United States or is a lawful resident. Immigrant visas can also be granted to a prospective employer and those who have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa.

Employment-based Immigration

We represent employers with U.S. immigration law legal needs. We work with employers who wish to sponsor skilled workers for non-immigrant visas, including H-1B, I, E, L, O, TN, Q, R and P visas.

Our firm specializes in filing the following employment-based petitions:

  • B- Visas: Tourist Visas
  • E Visas: Treaty/Trader visas (E-1, E2 & E3)
  • H 1B Visas: Specialty Occupation Visas
  • H-4 Visas: Dependent Visa for H-1 Family Holders
  • I Visas: Foreign Press/ Media Visas
  • L Visas: Intra-Company Transfer Visas
  • O Visas: Extraordinary Ability Visas
  • P Visas- Internationally recognized athletes and entertainers
  • Q Visas: Visas for those participating in an international cultural exchange
  • R Visas: Religious Worker Visas
  • TN Visas: Visas for professionals from Canada and Mexico
  • EAD – Employment Authorization Document
  • Advance Parole

We work with our clients to assess their needs, both short and long term, to identify the best legal strategy to meet their unique challenges.

Investor Visas and Business Expansion

We represent businesses, investors and entrepreneurs looking to apply for visas to start or expand their business in the United States. We assess their goals, investment, and their timeline to develop a strategy that meet their unique circumstances.

The investor visas and business expansion include:

  • E Visas: Treaty/Trader visas (E-1, E2)
  • C5 Employment creation outside a targeted area
  • T5 Employment creation in a targeted rural/high unemployment area
  • R5 Investor Pilot Program not in a targeted area
  • I5 Investor Pilot Program in a targeted area

Family-based Immigration

We represent families with a variety of U.S. immigration law needs. We assist U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents sponsor their spouses, fiance’s, parents, and children to obtain permanent residence in the Unites States. Including:

  • K-1, K2/K- 3, K-4 Visa for Fiancé(e) and Children /Spouse and Children of the U.S. citizen

United States Citizenship

We represent those seeking to become United States citizens. Clients who are lawful Permanent Residents applying for naturalization before the USCIS. These include:

  • Naturalization applications
  • Passport applications
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Certificate of Citizenship

Our team helps United States citizens apply for U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization, United States passports, Certificates of Citizenship and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad including complicated cases involving parents or grandparents’ U.S. physical presence requirement, children born out of wedlock, and more.

Waivers & Admissibility

We represent foreign nationals who were previously barred (inadmissible) from the United States for different reasons, including health related grounds of inadmissibility, prior immigration violations, and more.

  • Non-immigrant Waivers
  • Immigration Waivers
  • Travel Ban Waivers

We can assist with immigrant and non-immigrant waivers of inadmissibility filed with Embassies and Consulates around the world, through USCIS field offices around the United States, and through the immigration courts. Because of the complicated nature of waiver applications, we work with each client to develop a customized strategy for his or her case, taking into consideration their unique circumstances to prepare the strongest possible application.


We represent individuals who are seeking asylum in the United States through affirmative asylum processing with the USCIS.

Immigration Resources

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS):
Department of Labor / Employment Issues:
Department of State / Consular Issues:
Additional Research Sites: