Any experienced property developer, building contractor or subcontractor understands that there are certain risks inherent in construction projects. These risks include loan defaults, contractor performance issues, and material-supplier quality and delivery issues. Our construction disputes lawyer litigation team provides developers, contractors, design professionals, subcontractors and suppliers with fast, cost-effective and sound legal advice to resolve construction disputes including contract litigation, contract termination, insolvency, defect litigation, dispute resolution, lien perfection, lien litigation and most types of construction litigation. We have been through the process and understand the most efficient and effective means of resolving disputes that offer minimal disruption in our clients’ ability to maintain business operations. Our job is to make sure that you are not held responsible for someone else’s mistake or inability to perform.
We represent developers, contractors, homeowners, design professionals and any other party involved in a dispute involving construction contracts, warranties or fraud claims. Our attorneys are equally competent and experienced in negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation in state or federal court. We will assist you in resolving your legal matter in as favorable a manner as possible.
Our construction disputes lawyer team has experience representing construction industry clients with contract issues and litigation in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. We understand the business needs and professional concerns of industry professionals including architects, engineers and contractors. We fully appreciate the shared and diverse interests each may have in any given project. We understand technical design and construction details that are often the heart of complex challenges. If you retain our firm, you will spend less time educating your lawyer and more time making the business decisions necessary to a positive outcome.
- Mechanic’s lien and payment bond claims
- Enforcement of mechanic’s liens
- Claims for equitable adjustments
- Construction defect and delay litigation
- Products liability claims involving construction-related product
- Warranty claims
- Construction warranties as to materials, workmanship or latent conditions in residential development
- Fraud, misrepresentation or material nondisclosure claims
- Prime contract or subcontract termination proceedings
- Insurance disputes, including those involving the duty to defend or indemnify under comprehensive general liability policies
- Financing disputes, from loan defaults to lender liability claims
- Professional negligence claims involving architects, engineers, surveyors or designers
Contract Negotiation and Preparation
We are knowledgeable and adept at negotiating and preparing contracts on behalf of owners, contractors, subcontractors and design professionals, such as:
- Owner/Contractor Agreements
- Owner/Architect and Engineer Agreements
- Subcontracts and Subconsultant Agreements
- Design/Build Agreements
- Commercial Lease Buildout Agreements
- Construction Loan Agreements
Additional Construction-Related Legal Services
We assist businesses in the construction industry to deal with the myriad of contract issues specific to their services and the other development aspects of a project, including zoning and land use, construction financing and bankruptcy.